Three Year Old
The Three Year Old Pre-Kindergarten commences at 9.00am on Wednesdays and Fridays within the Long Day Care program.
The Pre-Kindergarten Program provides a solid foundation and transition to the Four Year Old
The benefits of Pre-Kinder include:
- A positive transition to Four Year Old Funded Kindergarten.
- Provision of a solid foundation in phonological awareness, Literacy and Numeracy.
- Development of positive relationships with ACC school children and teachers
- Gaining knowledge of the layout and the routines of the school
- Modelling and establishing Christian values for young children in this vital stage of their education.
Children involved in Pre-Kinder will experience:
- Introduction to phonological awareness and Literacy
- Introduction to Mathematics – numbers, patterns, sorting, days of the week, months of the year, etc.
- Explore gross motor skills, e.g. ball skills, skipping, balancing and climbing
- Explore fine motor skills, e.g. writing, drawing, cutting, arts and craft
- Involvement in wider school activities and performances where appropriate
- Music and art activities
- Incursions and Excursions where appropriate
Your child must be three years old to join the Pre-Kinder Program.